Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;

Proverbs 3:5 NIV

Listen to Words from the Heart

Trust

Whether it is with a helping hand or simply a wave and a smile, having trustworthy neighbours can be one of the essential qualities of a desirable neighbourhood. The degree to which someone trusts their neighbours may also reflect how safe they feel in their home or leaving their property unattended. Data collected from April to June 2022 showed that just over half (53%) of people aged 15 years and older said that they trust many or most of the people in their neighbourhood. The remaining 47% said they trust a few or none of the people in their neighbourhood.

***

In any healthy relationship, there must be trust. This is certainly the case in a marriage. When a husband and wife trust each other, a marriage has a much better chance of being a long and happy one. It takes time to build up such trust, and it can be broken in an instant. God calls us to that same level of trust in our relationship with Jesus Christ. Proverbs 3:5 says this: “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.” In our relationship to God through faith in Jesus, we can fully count on His faithfulness. He is faithful by nature, so he can be fully trusted. If there is a lack of trust in our relationship with our Creator, it is on our part. We can be so fickle. That’s why the Bible has to command us, and remind us regularly, to trust God. We so often think we know better than God, and so we lean on our own wisdom and resources. God calls us to trust Him instead – let’s do so.

These have been words from the heart.
Bob Beasley